English Premier League Results Today


Match summary

Wolverhampton Wanderers came from behind to earn a 2-1 victory against Chelsea at Molineux.

Chelsea opened the scoring on 18 minutes when an effort from Ruben Loftus-Cheek, making his first Premier League start of the season, went in via the head of Conor Coady.

Advertisement 4

Wolves were level on 59 minutes when a through-ball from Morgan Gibbs-White, on his first PL start, found Raul Jimenez and he drilled a powerful shot between the legs of Kepa Arrizabalaga.

Four minutes later, Wolves were 2-1 ahead. Joao Moutinho played in Matt Doherty and he slid the ball across goal to leave Diogo Jota with a simple finish.

A first victory since October means Wolves are 12th with 19 points, while Chelsea are down to fourth on 31 points.

A second-half strike from James Maddison helped Leicester City come from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Kasper Schmeichel made a brilliant save to keep out a fierce strike from Fulham's Calum Chambers early in the first half. 

But the hosts made the breakthrough on 42 minutes when Aboubakar Kamara turned and finished off an Aleksandar Mitrovic flick-on.

Leicester equalised in the 74th minute when substitute Shinji Okazaki found Maddison unmarked and he netted his fifth Premier League goal of the season.

The draw means Fulham remain bottom of the table on nine points. Leicester drop down to ninth with 22 points. 

Richarlison scored his seventh Premier League goal of the season but it was not enough to earn Everton victory as they drew 1-1 with Newcastle United.

The Magpies had taken a 19th-minute lead when Salomon Rondon finished off a left-wing cross from Jacob Murphy.

But Richarlison struck in the 38th minute at the far post after Gylfi Sigurdsson’s corner had been flicked on.

Substitute Theo Walcott had a chance to give Everton a fifth successive Premier League home win but could not keep the ball under control when through, while Jordan Pickford denied DeAndre Yedlin at the other end.

Everton move up to sixth with 23 points, above AFC Bournemouth on goal difference, while Newcastle stay 14th on 13.

Liverpool came back from a goal down to defeat Burnley 3-1 at Turf Moor and stay two points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City.

Ashley Barnes and Phil Bardsley both had chances for Burnley in a goalless first half, while efforts from Naby Keita and James Milner were blocked for Liverpool.

Jack Cork put Burnley ahead with a tap-in after Liverpool failed to clear a corner nine minutes after half-time.

But Milner equalised eight minutes later with a low strike from outside the penalty area after good work by Divock Origi.

Roberto Firmino, who was a substitute along with Mohamed Salah, put Liverpool in front on 69 minutes with Virgil van Dijk providing the assist, before Xherdan Shaqiri added a third from Salah's pass in stoppage-time.

Liverpool are in second on 39 points, while Burnley remain 19th on nine points.

Tottenham Hotspur moved up to third in the Premier League table with a 3-1 victory against Southampton at Wembley Stadium.

Southampton played in front of newly appointed manager Ralph Hasenhuttl, who watched from the stands as first-team coach Kelvin Davis led the team against his former mentor at St Mary's Staidum, Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Harry Kane put Pochettino's hosts ahead when he turned in Christian Eriksen's ninth-minute centre.

Lucas Moura added a second six minutes after half-time, before Son Heung-min fired in their third goal four minutes later.

Saints rallied and their efforts were rewarded when Charlie Austin converted their 18th shot of the match, from Steven Davis's long ball, in stoppage time.

Arsenal stretched their unbeaten run in all competitions to 20 matches but were denied victory by Manchester United as they drew 2-2 at Old Trafford.

Shkodran Mustafi forced a header past David De Gea at a corner to put Arsenal ahead on 26 minutes, but Anthony Martial quickly levelled from close range after Ander Herrera's cutback.

An own goal from Marcos Rojo, who turned in under pressure from substitute Alexandre Lacazette, restored the Gunners’ lead on 68 minutes.

But straight from kick-off, Lingard exploited uncertainty in the Arsenal defence to deny Arsenal their first win at Old Trafford since 2006.

Both sides had chances to win it, with De Gea tipping away Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s shot and substitute Romelu Lukaku coming close at the other end.

The Gunners drop to fifth on 31 points, while United remain eighth on 23 points. 

Advertisement 5


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here